Concrete Finishing Scranton PA
The look of your home is often the first impression potential buyers get. When it comes to exterior paint, there are endless options you can choose from. From neutral hues to brighter and more vibrant shades, there’s a perfect color for just about every home. However, when it comes to concrete finishing, you have much fewer options. While some may see this as an advantage because it keeps your home neutral and simple looking. But if you’re looking to add some pizazz to your house or sell it faster, then you’ll want to consider adding a new finish. In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Concrete Finishing Scranton PA including pros and cons of different finishes, sealer options and common problems when it comes to this exterior paint alternative.
What is Concrete Finishing Scranton PA?
Concrete Finishing Scranton PA is essentially a paint-like coating that’s applied to the concrete on your home’s exterior. In addition to giving it a nice looking finish, this coating can also serve a few additional purposes, including improving your driveway’s longevity, preventing stains on your patio and reducing the risk of damage from thorns and thistles in your flower beds. While concrete finishing is essentially a concrete paint, it doesn’t use the same types of pigments found in traditional exterior paints. So, while it can look pretty nice, it also has some limitations. Most concrete finishers will apply a sealer over the top of your concrete coating to protect it from stains, heat, cold and wear & tear. You can choose between a variety of sealers depending on what you want your concrete finishing to do and your style of decorating.
Types of Concrete Finishing in Scranton
– Wet-on-Wet – In wet-on-wet Concrete Finishing Scranton PA, the concrete surface is painted with a primer and then overlaid with a color coat. After the concrete surface dries out, a sealer is applied to protect the coating and create a smooth finish.
– Wet-on-Sealer – In wet-on-sealer concrete finishing, the concrete surface is first painted with a wet-on primer before receiving a dry-to-the-touch coat of concrete finish. After the concrete surface dries, a sealer is applied to protect the finish.
– Dry-to-the-Touch – In dry-to-the-touch concrete finishing, the concrete surface is painted as in wet-to-the-touch concrete finishing, but no sealer is applied after the concrete coating dries. With this finish, the concrete surface is sealed, painted and protected all in one step.
– Dry-to-the-Touch is the most cost-effective option for producing a quick and dirt-cheap finish. However, it can also get the smoothest finish of all the different finishing options.
Sealers and Undercoats for Concrete Finishing Scranton PA
When it comes to Concrete Finishing Scranton PA, there are two main types of products used: sealers and undercoats. Sealers are typically thinner than undercoats and are designed to protect the concrete finishing from the elements and from damage from thorns and thistles in your flower beds. Undercoats are usually thicker than sealers and are designed to look like true concrete. Undercoats can be applied over a sealer for a more durable and lasting finish. Depending on your style and decorating needs, you can choose between a variety of concrete finishing sealers, resurfacing, leveling, and undercoats. Depending on the concrete finishing product you choose, the sealer or undercoat can provide a variety of benefits. Some sealers and undercoats are formulated to protect your concrete finishing from the elements and thorns, while others are formulated to provide extra colour or improve the durability of your concrete finish. Concrete finishing manufacturers will often provide detailed product information when it comes to sealers and undercoats, so it’s worth checking out their website before making a purchase.
How to Apply a Sealer for Concrete Finishing Scranton PA?
– Once you’ve chosen a Concrete Finishing Scranton PA product and have picked out a colour, you’ll need to apply the sealer. This can be done using either a handheld sprayer or a roller, depending on the type of product you choose.
– You can apply the sealer to the concrete on your home’s exterior, but you may want to apply it to a dry, flat surface since it has the potential to be messy.
– To apply the sealer, make sure you’re using a clean, dry roller or sprayer. Then, mist the sealer onto the concrete and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
– Once the sealer dries, you’ll want to buff it out of your concrete with a clean, dry sponge. You can also use a commercial concrete finish sander if you prefer.
Pros and Cons of Different Concrete Finishing Scranton PA Products
In terms of Concrete Finishing Scranton PA, there are a few different options you can choose from. The most common types of concrete finishing include wet-on-wet, wet-on-seal, dry-to-the-touch, and dry-to-the-touch. In addition to the different types of concrete finishes, there are also a few different sealers and undercoats you can choose from.
– Wet-on-wet: Wet-on-wet concrete finishes are easily the cheapest option for producing a quick and dirt-cheap finish. They don’t provide any type of protection from the elements, so they’re only suitable for driveways and patios that see a lot of foot traffic. And they don’t provide any type of protection against thorns and thistles.
– Wet-on-seal: In wet-on-seal concrete finishes, a sealer is applied over a wet-on-wet or dry-to-the-touch coating. This makes them a bit more durable than wet-on-wet finishes, but they’re still not designed for outdoor use.
– Dry-to-the-touch: Dry-to-the-touch concrete finishes provide the most durable and lasting finish of all the concrete finishing options. They’re even approved for use on sidewalks and driveways, making them a great option for homeowners who want to protect their properties from damage from thorns and thistles.
– Dry-to-the-touch can be applied over either wet-on-seal or wet-on-wet concrete finishes. The advantage of dry-to-the-touch concrete finishing is that it provides the most durable and lasting finish of all the concrete finishing options. It even has an approved use designation for exterior residential use, making it a great option for homeowners who want to protect their properties from damage from thorns and thistles.
While many people are hesitant to try out concrete finishing, it can be a great way to update an older concrete driveway or patio. Not only does it protect your concrete surface, it can also give your home a totally new look. Concrete Finishing Scranton PA is a great way to decorate your home without breaking the bank. But, be sure to choose a product that won’t fade or stain easily and that protects your surface from water damage. If you’re looking to add some pizazz to your house or sell it faster, then you’ll want to consider adding a new finish.
FAQs About Concrete Finishing Scranton PA
Which Sealer Should I Use When Doing Concrete Finishing Scranton PA?
When it comes to Concrete Finishing Scranton PA, the type of sealer you use will depend on a variety of factors, including your desired finish, the look you’re going for, and your budget.
– If you want a quick, cheap concrete finishing product that provides the least amount of protection from the elements, you could opt for a wet-on-wet product. However, these concrete finishes don’t provide any type of protection against thorns and thistles, so they’re only suitable for outdoor uses.
– Dry-to-the-touch sealers are the most durable type of concrete finishing sealer and are approved for use on sidewalks and driveways. They’re also approved for use on outdoor surfaces like patios, asphalt parking lots and tennis courts.
– If you want a concrete finishing product that provides the most protection against the elements, and doesn’t look like real concrete, you could opt for a dry-to-the-touch finish. These concrete sealers are the most durable and lasting type of concrete finishing and even have an approved use designation for exterior residential use.
Does Concrete Finishing Scranton PA Last in Cold Weather?
Yes, Concrete Finishing Scranton PA can withstand the cold weather just fine. While other finishes may require a paint shield in cold temperatures, this type of finish doesn’t have one. That means concrete finishing is much more vulnerable to frost damage. Luckily, you can prevent this by applying a warm-weld Epoxy Primer before applying the sealer. Concrete finishing is somewhat durable once it’s applied. However, it’s worth mentioning that it can chip and crack easily if you’re not careful. This is especially true when washing your house or mowing the lawn.